*Communique of the 12th Annual General Meeting (AGM),(NNL)Nigeria National League,held Friday 3rd February,2023 ,at Blue Springs Hotel ,Abuja*
The AGA was declared open by the President of Nigeria Football Federation, Alhaji Ibrahim Gusau, ably represented by the General Secretary, Dr.Sanusi Mohammed.
1. The Assembly thanked the Nigeria Football Federation for it’s efforts and declaration to support the league to ensure a smooth 2023 season.
2. It also appreciated the Chairman of the Interim Management Committee (IMC), Hon.Gbenga Elegbeleye , represented by DCP Tony Emefile, for his pledge to canvass sponsorship drive for the league .
3. The AGM adopted the minutes of the last Annual General Assembly, held 15 December, 2021in Benin Edo state.
3. The Assembly adopted the amended rules and regulations for the 2022/2023 season as a legal document binding on all clubs.
4. Friday 3rd March ,2023 was unanimously agreed as kick off date for the 2020/2022 league season .
5. A super abridged league format of 8 groups, that will see the Northern and Southern conferences broken into four groups of: A1, A2, A3, A4, and B1, B2, B3, B4, which shall be grouped base on proximity was agreed upon by the AGM in other to ensure the league ends May, 2023 as mandated by the NFF.
6. The Assembly, agreed that all clubs must allow streaming of matches, home and away without hindrance to enhance awareness and visibility of the league.
7. That clubs must ensure and comply with needed security measures at all times at their match venues.
8. The meeting agreed that only clubs who fulfill their registration obligations before the two weeks deadline shall be drawn on the fixtures to play in the 2022/2023 league.
9. The AGA agreed that any Club with proven 2 record of assaults on match officials in a season either home or away shall be withdrawn from the league.
10. The AGA also agreed that 3 points, 3 goals shall be deducted from the cumulative points of any club that assault’s match officials or causes any form of violence in a match.
Communique drafting committee.
1.Chairman – Mr.Tony Rafua -Abeokuta Stormers.
2.Barrister Ijamul .E.Tsamdu-Adamawa United
3.Mallik Olasunkanmi – ABS-Ilorin
4.Secretary Nicholas Akujobi – NNL.
4.Amar Ignis – -Head,Media & Communications
Discussion about this post