UFC middleweight Former champion, Israel Adesanya, has dropped in the latest UFC rankings as a result of his defeat to Alex Pereira at UFC 281 on October 13.
Recall, Pereira (7-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) defeated Adesanya for the third time when he stopped him in the fifth round via TKO.
The loss was Adesanya’s first at middleweight and For the first time since unifying the belt in 2019, Israel Adesanya is no longer sitting atop the middleweight division.
Using criteria that take into account everything from accomplishments to current form, here are the current top fighters inside the Octagon:
- Alexander Volkanovski – Featherweight champion (24-1)
- Kamaru Usman – Welterweight (20-2)
- Islam Makhachev – Lightweight champion (23-1)
- Francis Ngannou – Heavyweight champion (16-3)
- Israel Adesanya – Middleweight champion (23-2)
Discussion about this post